NoelNatter

A place of politics, culture (!!) & random subjects from Airstrip One. Noel hopes it will be of interest and/or use to all sorts of voyagers in cyberspace!

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, England, United Kingdom

The Voice Of 40-Something Cynical Optimism!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Crying wolf once too often?

I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didn't decide to fly off somewhere in the past few days. Can you imagine having to stand in queues for hours at an airport and having to basically put everything you need for the cabin in a big plastic bag? I hope the airlines/airports made allowances for people having to put loads of stuff into their luggage & not charge for stuff put in the hold for being over the limit.

As for the "plot", in a way I hope that something is found because I think people are getting "war weary." After all the post-September 11th "alerts", arrests that led to those held in custody being released without charge, and the fact that most people know we were led into war with Iraq on the basis of a pack of lies, I think the next "alert" will not be taken seriously by the general public, if nothing turns up this time. It does not help that the Home Secretary John Reid rather resembles Buster Bloodvessel, lead singer of Bad Manners.



John



Buster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home